Re: [at-l] Re: An into

In a message dated 99-05-07 20:41:33 EDT, Cosmo.A.Catalano@williams.edu
writes:

<< I hope that the Access Group will
 specifically recommend changing this rule to allow devices that assist the
 disabled (but still continue to ban other things like bikes and ORV's)

Cosmo,
I must ask why you state this in this manner?
As I see it, to make  the AT or any backcountry trail travelable by
wheelchair is just plain stupid for so many reasons I ain't even gonna start.
But if disabled persons were permitted to use ORV's some sections of
Backcountry trails could be accessible to them without changing the trails.
Perhaps you meant to say (but still continue to ban nondisabled from using
things like ORV's)
Plum'Crazy