[at-l] re: bad weather

pmags wrote:
<<<    The worse weather I ever endured in a day was at Max Patch Bald.   >>>

i, too, experienced the worst weather on max patch.  but by worst i only
mean strong winds, cold temps, and horizontally driven snow, rather than
worst meaning i was not enjoying the weather.  nominal temp was 25*, winds
steady at 30mph, gusting to 50, wind chill around -5*, soft snow drifting
to mid thigh, postholing to the waist sometimes, and so much snow in the
air you couldn't see the next blaze post in front of you.  someone had gone
ahead of me about an hour before, and the vestiges of their tracks
remained, that was the only way i was able to find the trail.  i felt
gleeful, for whatever reason.  i couldn't believe i was actually out in
this stuff by choice.  but i was perfectly comfortable, and just burst out
laughing when i reached what i thought was the top.  never heard the
laughter, tho, the wind ripped it away. i can only imagine what max patch
looks like in the sun...

mike
ke kaahawe, AT92  TYT94  PCT99!
mhAT92@tidepool.com