Re: [at-l] Re: overnight hike

>Hey everyone,
>  After I sent out the last message asking if anyone would be interested
>in hiking in late May, I figured that I should introduce myself to the
>list.  I have been "listening" for a little while now since I am in the
>planning stages of making a 2 week hike up the AT starting in Georgia
>and ending at Rock Gap in NC.
>  I am a college senior at the University of Maryland and am planning
>this trip for a post-graduation-welcome-to-the-real-world journey.  If
>anyone has any suggestions, etc I'd love to hear them.  Otherwise, I
>hope everyone has great journeys whether they be long or short.
>
>Bob

Hi, Bob--

Did you want suggestions on your hike, or suggestions on entering the real
world? I wasn't real clear on that. My only suggestion would be to hold off
on the real world thing as long as possible. Go for a thru-hike (ME-->GA,
starting end of May); go for a cross-country ramble or drive or whatever;
go bumming across Europe or Africa or wherever you've always wanted to go.
The 'real world' will still be there when you get back.

Once you enter the real world, it's awfully difficult to get away from it,
even for a little while, as many of the old folks on this list will attest
('old' being probably over thirty <g>).

Good luck, and have a fun hike.

Ken