[at-l] Bristlecone is at Kincora

Hi all,

Just got a call from Bristlecone... he's at Kincora Hostel in Hampton TN
and very glad to be there.  It seems it's been raining since Erwin and he's
happy to be warm and dry.  This of course means he's had absolutely NO
views in one of (in my opinion) the prettiest parts of the Trail... over
Roan Mountain and over Hump Mountain.  He said he'd like to go back and do
that section again some time when he has the chance, along with Max Patch.
But he also said it was beautiful with all of the clouds blowing around the
summits.  Hey, a "bad" day hiking is better than a good day not hiking.
But it's still raining...

He was in a bit of a hurry because he was waiting to get a ride into town
to the grocery store but he said it looks like there are going to be 28
thruhikers at Kincora tonight!  I remember when I was there last year the
number was in the low 30's and it was a record.  He said Baltimore Jack and
Big Daddy should be there tonight too, but those are the only listers he
mentioned.  He also said there's a note in the Moreland Gap shelter 6 miles
South of Kincora saying that the bridges in Laurel Fork Gorge have been
replaced, so he hopes it's true.

His plan is to make it to Damascus on Sunday, Atkins end of next week, then
continue on thru to Pearisburg and return to Trail Days from there.  Of
course since I'll be picking him up, we can be pretty sure he'll get a ride
:-)  That was it, short and sweet.  Oh yeah, and he said he's eating a LOT
more now so if anyone's "supporting" thruhikers their appetites are
probably kicking in around there too :-p

Twilight