Re: [at-l] White Mountains & the AMC

dallen23@juno.com writes:
<< We maintain with others the trail on
 Franconia Ridge and Garfield Ridge Trail, all parts of the AT.  >>
Thank you!
With the possible exception of Mt Washington, Sugarloaf, and Katahdin's Table
Land, the AT environment of Franconia Ridge is the most vulnerable to damage
from overuse, abuse, and misuse in New England.
Oh yeah.. this was about huts :O)
When I was younger, the huts were an intrusion of civilization. Now that I'm
older, I understand that they allow a great number of people to visit a
fragile place with a minimal impact. And I think that's a good thing.
TJ