Subject: [at-l] bivy advice
Author:  Robert and Catherine Rubin <rhymworm@mindspring.com> at ima
Date:    4/20/99 11:49 PM

Hey, I just bought an OR Advanced Bivy that was onsale as part of my
Post-Thruhike-Creaky-Knees-Attempt-To-Lighten-The-Pack-Campaign <g>, and
I'm looking for practical tips on using it. Any to share?

I've always carried two pads--a 3/4 lenghth ultralight inflatable, and a
full-length ridgerest. My thought was that I could use the ridgerest
instead of a ground cloth, and put the ultralight INSIDE the bivy, as
recommended. Will that work, or will the pad under the bivy mean too much
moisture inside?

Any other tips? I'm planning on rigging some kind of tarp (probably my
Emergency Blanket) overhead, when I bivy in bad weather.

--Rhymin' Worm