[at-l] Oops, forgot to post an update

Hello,

I forgot to post an update from Bristlecone this past weekend.  Too much
going on I guess.  He arrived in Hot Springs last Friday.. said that Max
Patch was all ice and wind when he went over it on Thursday but that he
loved it!  He stayed at the Duckett House friday night and they had a big
bonfire down by the river next to the Inn.  I guess it was pretty cold in
the mountains still.  There were quite a few thruhikers in town, but you
already know the status of the AT-L listers, because the RedHead has posted
that everyone's getting to Erwin now!   Bristlecone also took Saturday off
and stayed at the local motel (since the Duckett house was full) where
there was apparently a big party happening (at least that's what it sounded
like on the phone <g>).  He was planning to hike out on Sunday, looking to
get to Erwin late this week.  It sounds like a typical thruhike... he was
catching up to people, then others that he'd left behind caught him after
the day off.  I remember how great it was to move among the different
groups of people ahead and behind as I changed my hiking speed and took
days off.  It sounds like most of the AT-L folks are right around each
other... within a few days!  It will be interesting to hear (in the
journals etc) what it's like for them to finally meet each other.

Twilight