[at-l] Gear and Boots

Hi folks,

I have a outfitting problem and I need some help. I'm planning on thru
hiking the trail, starting in about two weeks. Problem is I live in Key
West, Florida, and there's no place here to buy gear, so I'm having to
mail-order most of it. I know backpacks are a personal thing and I should
buy the one that feels right for me. And boots especially should be tried on
to find the ones that fit right. Well forget all that because I don't have
that option. Could I gather some opinions and recommendations as to what
would be the best backpack, and preferred boots.

Thanks