Re: [at-l] trip in SNP and plans for a summer hike on TTT

I'm not sure if you are talking about the TTT or the AT or both. I have no
idea about how wise a month for the TTT would be, but if it is not a
heavily traveled path (as the AT), you may be potting yourself at some risk
by hiking alone. Hitch-hiking is more often safe near trail towns with the
AT, although street smarts are required.

In my bit of section hiking, I would encourage some plan to spend every 6-8
days in a trail town, Fatigue is a major factor in long distance hiking.
Resupply is only a minor component of getting into town. Getting a real
shower, pizza, phone calls, beer, letters, and civilization (such as it is
in MD or PA) will be vital.

In any case, your anxiety pre-hike is universal. When you discover that
planning is completed and you really have to start walking, that last
breakfast gets real slow. I suspect you have an excellent test hike ahead
of you.

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA