[at-l] day hike report

Hi ya'll!

I'm getting better with that southern accent, huh?  Just wanted to tell you
about my wonderful afternoon. I played hooky and went for a hike! Beautiful
day here in Georgia, in the 60's, not a cloud in the sky and a nice breeze
blowing. I drove up to Neels Gap, parked at the Reece memorial site. Saw
quite a few thruhikers at Walasi but didn't stop because it was already
getting to be mid afternoon. Hiked south up Blood Mountain via the access
route from the parking lot- lots of wild flowers blooming or starting to
bloom, wildlife scurrying around and clear skies - could see forever! Passed
two hikers coming north, but they didn't stop to talk - I am sure they were
trying to make the store before it closed and they missed the chance for
goodies! Little did they know, I had brownies for them :)  When I came back
down I took the AT all the way to Walasi and no one was there - so,  I can't
fill anyone in on any of those late starters. Sorry, but I tried. I think
most of the listers are past there by now.

Anyway, just wanted to get ya'll motivated to get out there and go for a hike
this weekend!

POG