[at-l] It Was Twenty Years Ago, Today

     I don't have my log available, but I recall April 16th as being Easter
     Weekend twenty years ago on my through hike. I think, subject to
     check, that I was leaving Addis Gap, and decided to visit the leanto
     down the longish blue blaze, before I headed out. It was sunny, but
     kinda cold and breezy with the as yet unleaved-trees. I hit the leanto
     to see my first Carnation Breakfast Bar, but it was sitting lonely in
     the fireplace ring with a small mousie hole chewed in one corner of
     the wrapper. It was also the first time I ate food of unknown origin
     and unknown vintage without the slightest hesitation; I didn't know at
     the time how much that marked my throughhike with a glint of success.

     Hope you're all having a well-fortified day.

     dat ol' Sloetoe'79

     What "three second rule?"