[at-l] Mom

Well, some of you have put two and two together.  My update to Mara's
journal, to explain why I hadn't posted her most recent one, alluded to a
family medical emergency.  Yes, as some people suspected, haveing noticed the
absense of her unique brand of humor on the list lately, it involved mom.
She has been diagnosed with a re-occurance of her original cancer.  She has
been very sick for about a month now (hence her absense on the list) but up
until last week, it was diagnosed as a host of other things, but not cancer.
Now, the docs here in TN HAVE diagnosed this as cancer before, and been
wrong.  Naturally we are hoping that they are once again just stupid.  Still,
given recent symptoms, odds are good they are correct this time (at least
THIS time they picked the right kind of cancer to say she had).

The doctors here said there was nothing they could do.  The doctors back
home, who did her original incredible surgery, have a different take on
things.  So - until they do some more tests and another biopsy, we really
don't know.  I drove her home Thursday and flew back here on Sunday.  So that
is why I haven't updated Mara's website.  I just got some new updates today,
so tomorrow I will be putting it all up.  I was busy at work today, being out
two days last week to take mom home, so I didn't get a chance.  For those of
you who guessed, and sent your prayers and good thoughts her way, thank you.
For everyone else - please keep her in your thoughts.  Her most urgent
thought at the moment is to be well enough to hike next year.  Maybe with the
good vibes from this list, that will be a reality.

Thanks

The Redhead
Ga > Me
aka "Darlin' Daughter"