Re: [at-l] VA in May

I spent 8 days in Shenandoah NP second week in May last year.  Had rain for
the first six :(  but still had a great time.  We only met the fastest of the
thruhikers during that time.  We found no problems finding places to pitch a
tent, the place was still pretty empty.  Be careful where you pitch a tent,
the regulations are pretty strict and the park service checks, not afraid of
giving tickets.  Don't forget to get a blackberry shake at Elkwallow Wayside!
 Skyland Lodge if a terrific place to stay if you want to break up the
backpacking and take a shower and sleep in a real bed.  We hit it after a 12
mile hike in the cold rain, heaven!

Leapfrog