Re: [at-l] TNF

You got me thinking about the TNF stuff I see and use. The clothes are
great, although progressively designed for the same crowd that drive SUV's
in town. I use a TNF Renegade pack, attracted by its pockets and such, but
now disaffected by them.

This pack is serviceable, and seems to be very sturdy. It is not touted as
water proof, but never has let rain into it. It is heavy (about 8 pounds)
due to all the zippers, loops, attachments, and pockets that it has. It is
convenient to keep gas and filter equipment out of the main compartment,
and the little sacs off the belt are handy for rain gear, but it does add
weight.

I suspect the strategy for TNF is sturdiness, appearance and utility, but
at the expense of weight. If they ever figure out that weight is important
(the SUV crowd would never know the difference), they would really rock!

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA