Re: [at-l] Grant Progress

Does anybody remember the lister from South Africa who did a thruhike two
years ago?  His wife stayed on the list the whole time and kept us posted
and his son met him out here and hiked with him through New England.  I had
dinner with him and his son in Boston the night before they flew back to
South Africa, but for the life of me I can't remember his name.  He might
be very helpful to "General Grant" here concerning trip planning from
across the Atlantic.

:) Pooh

At 11:01 PM 3/29/99 -0500, Phillip Walker wrote:
>You might not need to reject your pun-ny trail name.  Southern mtn. regions
>tended to support union, not being part of the slave economy: eastern
Tenn. and
>western Va. especially...remember West Va. origins ya'll?  And Ben, you
probably
>know, southern colonies were somewhat royalist during the revolution.  So
maybe
>you'll survive as General Grant.
>
>Ben Franklin wrote:
>
>> Oopsa daisy! I did not think on those lines at all and I plan to go
South to