Re: [at-l] Lost Hikers (later Makem Pay)

In a message dated 3/30/99 7:18:47 PM US Eastern Standard Time,
Nadine9799@aol.com writes:

<< When we venture off on an adventure we should be prepared for the
 eventualities. >>

I took myself off the list while I was in Georgia recently so it appears I
missed the lost hiker thread (anyone I know? : )

But in something along the same lines (lack of personal responsibility) I
recently read a journal entry from one of this years thru-hikers who was upset
and demanded an answer of the owners of Rainbow Springs Campground as to why
they couldn't be picked up for the short walk from the trailhead.  They were
complaining that their feet hurt!

With 2056 miles to go, I sure hope that their attitude changes.

As Jim Owen would say, Walk Softly,  Sly  ; )