[at-l] Bristlecone's progress report

 Hi everyone,

 I got a call from Bristlecone from Walasi-Yi this morning.  He started on
 March 25th as planned.  He wanted me to post a progress report to the
 list, and to tell everyone he says 'Hi' and is having the time of his
 life.  He said he's doing great, loving the AT and never wants to come
 back... and he's only on day 4 of his hike!  I think his exact words were
 something like "I'm just going to get to Katahdin and turn around and come
 back".  Of course he has months to go :-) but I'm sure he'll still feel
 the same once he's in Maine.

 He says physically he's doing great and loves the mountains in the east.
 The first 2 days were sleet and rain, but yesterday the sun came out for
 his climb up Blood and he had a great sunset up there and slept out under
 the stars.  He was, of course, visited by the local skunk in the night,
 who was scrounging for M&M's someone had dropped on the rocks.  They made
 an apparent truce, so there are no bad skunk incidents to report :-)  The
 weather today is again sunny and beautiful, cold at night but warming up
 nicely during the day.  He's hiking with a group of about 7 other people,
 but he hasn't seen any other AT-L'ers out there.  He'll call again from
 the Blueberry Patch late in the week to let me know who from the AT-L list
 was there and when.

 I wish I were out there again... happy dreaming everyone.

 Twilight