[at-l] How Time Flies

Two years ago last night I spent huddled in a mountaintop shelter in a raging
snowstorm, shivering with clothes-and coat-on in a sleeping bag that wasn't
quite rated for the unexpected drop in temperature, frightened and alone but
safe, thanks to the ongoing guidance from the folks at AT-L. It was my first
backpacking trip, and I survived. Since then, I've had much more pleasant
experiences <G>, usually with some of you out here on this list. Just wanted to
say thanks again! before I sign off the server and head to Greece. By the time I
get back, some of you will be starting new treks, and I'll be eager to see the
progress of friends now on the trail.

I hope to bump into some of you on the trail in southern PA or MD this July, and
NJ in the early fall, as I try to fit some sections into my too-busy life.
Looking forward to taking it easy and trekking in Greece these next couple
months. BTW, watch Blue Ridge Country magazine's May/June issue, they tell me
that they're running my story on Trail Days-- the one where us AT-L folks met
each other for the first time. I won't know if they're telling the truth until I
get back. <G>

Adio!
Navigator

Come see the Laurel Highlands Trail at: http://friends.backcountry.net/lht