Re: [at-l] Turtle

I don't have a copy of the message from Turtle that came today - it is a school,
but Turtle confirmed that he is off the trail and will become a section hiker.  He
is heading home to North Dakota and will hike here after he recovers.  He said that
he should have waited for the back to heal and that he tried to hard to keep up
with a group instead of -- as he said -- taking time to smell the daisies.

I expect to hear from him again.  he offered to write some reflections to the kids
about handling disappointment.

Carolyn