[at-l] A whole bunch of stuff, or not

Howdy ho...

Next time your in line at the grocery store, take a look at the cover of
New Woman magazine (March '99). That woman is my new boss and a big part
of the reason I wasn't too concerned about my modem getting hitted :-)
Ain't life great sometime???

Y'all can be mad at All the Way for getting me back online. (Though,
something tells me it was prolly really Jan's doin'. Thanks, Bob.)

Does anyone remember Poombah? I need her last name and some way to get a
hold of her. Either one will help. Thanks in prevance.

The recent discourse on beers and taps and stouts and all reminds me of a
story (which I may have told done already) from the hike. (Sorry if
you've heard this one...): Stoat, Pokey, Kay K. Harvey and I were eating
at the Lakeview Restaurant in Chesire. There was a nicely dressed couple
('nicely' is a comparative word) in the corner that seemed to be
celebrating something. As I was nosily watching them, I noticed that they
were celebrating with...Pabst Blue Ribbon in the can. If there's a God in
heaven, it's true.

Rob Brown and the 'flatlands': Get in touch with me. We'll get together.
Southern Indiana is nice ('nice' is a comparative word). I'm an hour
south of "I"-town.

Slyman and the curse o' the modem: I woke up in a cold sweat that night,
Sly. There was a dark figure sitting in the corner, smoking. A gravelly
voice said "So, are you resting comfortably?" I squinted.

Paddler's brothel attachment: I, as luck would have it, have one of the
attachments. I went with the 'XM' (extra medium). It has a lot of
versatility (as opposed to a little versatility). I used it the other
night and the results were wonderful. Now, if I could figure out a way to
conceal it at the airport...

Microcassettes: I taped a lot of my hike. I had some old blank 8-track
tapes and a battery powered 'boom'-type box with a cassette-to-8-track
adapter. I sometimes will listen to the tapes on my way to Mellencamp's
house. I still have to stick a toothpick under the tape or it comes out
garbled...

I was trying on a shirt at Walmart today and as I was taking it off, it
tore my earring out. It bleed profusely.

I heard from Patch, Lucky Luke and Calamity Jane, and Machu Picchu and
Huayna this week. All seem to be in good spirits.

For any of youse guys the were at the Ruck: I need to get a hold of Casey
Reese. (He was the young guy there with the younger girl.) Does anyone
have his fone number?

I will be speaking to a bunch of elderly people next Saturday at
McCormicks Creek SP here in beautiful Spencer, IN. I'm not sure about the
topic yet ;)  (When I was approached by the woman, she said, amongst
other things, "You can tell us stories." I said "You mean about working
in the coal mines?" She just laughed. About an hour later, she said "Did
you really work in the coal mines?")

Is that my good buddy Jack Musick I see back? Jack, do you still have
money in JT's Restaurant? How's that going for you?

What else? Sorry about the demise of the '20 questions' game. The answer
was Montreal. One of my favorite stops.

Good to see Rhymin Worm still with computer access. With the 'contempt'
thing going on, I wasn't sure if he'd still be able to post.

About posting private notes to the list...this seems to be a horrible
breech of trust to me. I recently had a rivate note or two posted, and
responded to, on the 'list'. I, personally, couldn't do this without the
consent of the other party. Just my pig pellets worth...

If I never hear the name Mike Tyson again, I really don't think I'd care.

Well, all for now. I may have some computer-type questions for you
computer-type geeks later. I can't get this modem to 'disconnect' without
unplugging it.

--
Felix J. McGillicuddy
ME-->GA '98