Re: [at-l] New stove option

From: kahley7 <kahley7@ptd.net>

>Paddler this is cruel.....
>Tell me there is a new piece of gear and then post a url without a dns....
>whateverthe hell a dns is .........
>
>Tim Hewitt wrote:
>
>> OK all you wood burners, here is another new stove option...
>>
>>    http://www.BUSHBUDDY.com/
>>
>> -Paddler

DNS = Domain Name Server.  Don't know why you'd be having trouble getting to
the page, I just clicked on the URL and came right up.  I'll paste some info
below, but the short and sweet of it is that it's way too heavy for serious
backpackers like us.  The Zip still rules!

Model 750

height appx. 5 and ½ inches (140 cm.)
diameter appx. 5 and ½ inches (140 cm.)
weight appx. 27.4 ounces, or, 781 grams
material: corrosion resistant stainless steel alloy, with 18 percent
chromium and eight percent nickel

The BUSHBUDDY 750 was designed with the serious backpacker in mind. The
diameter of the 750 allows it to nest inside of the standard No. 3
backpacking cookpots. Significantly more fuel efficient than the 1000, the
750 is perfect for the long distance trekker, freeing you from having to
carry the traditional liquid gases and pressurized canisters. Boil water in
unlimited amounts for safe drinking. Make hearty whole grains part of your
diet as these are healthier and cheaper than freeze-dried foods. With the
750 you can cook for hours and not have to think about fuel weight. Fire it
up after dark and you have a night-torch that lights a large circumference.
The BUSHBUDDY 750 is welcomed in airports and aboard international flights,
as there are no explosive fuels needed. Travel farther, faster, and for
longer, and with no fuel weight -- with your BUSHBUDDY 750.

BUSHBUDDY 750 Price $98.00
Includes 400 denier nylon tote sack
Add $10.00 for UPS (ground) in continental USA
Or, add $10.00 for U.S. Mail (air) to Alaska

Peter