Subject: [at-l] Microcassette recorders
Author:  Tim Hewitt <thewitt@fairchildsemi.com> at ima
Date:    3/2/99 10:23 PM

The woman who will be sending me my mail drops and taking care of my children
for five months, has just dropped a small cassette recorder on my desk and has
asked me to consider taking it on my hike.

She thinks it will provide a better mechanism than a written journal to capture
my thoughts, keep in contact with the kids - they will send me tapes in my mail
drops, I'll send them tapes in return - you know "Hi kids, it's Dad. I'm on top
of heartbreak ridge. Its raining - still, I love you. Do your homework..." that
sort of stuff.

Has anyone any experience with this approach? I'm not overly keen on it, but as
many of you know, I worship the ground this woman walks on and if she wants me
to take it, I'll probably carry it 2100 miles, just to make her happy.

Any thoughts? Any experiences?

-Paddler