[at-l] local store vs discount shopping

What about the following situation:  You go to local outfitter to check
out a new SD tent or Dana pack, whatever.  Salespeople are real nice and
spend alot of time helping you out.  Too bad their prices are 30-40%
more than campmor, rei, or STP.  So do you buy the product from the
outfitter because they spent their time with you or do you save the $$
and shop online?  I have a real hard time not buying from the outfitter
in this situation.  On the other hand, if I know what I want and don't
need help, I just go the the internet and find it cheap.

Voodoo Chile