[at-l] NJ Appalachian Trail Guide On-Line at backcountry.net

I just moved the "opening" of The Appalachian Trail Guide to New Jersey" to
here at at-L other server thanks to Ryan and Milt. I'll be moving the rest
of the site later but you can see all the trail shelters, maps, etc
regarding the NJ AT.

It's at:  http://friends.backcountry.net/visitnj

You can park a car on RT 23 by High Point.. here's the pass. Area holds
plenty of cars and is near the park ranger station.

Don't hold me liable but its good parking there.

http://www.geocities.com/Yosemite/Rapids/2646/highpt.pass.gif

Here an overview map:
http://members.aol.com/visitnj/visitnjtrnorthernnj.html

As far a bugs go. DWG to High Pt is on a ridgeline and no problems.

If you go through Wallkill River Wildlife refuge  take buckets of DEET
otherwise the mosquitos will drain ya of blood.

Hope that helps, Tom bear bells Caggiano