[at-l] re: ace bandage alternative

                                . Gary from Fairfax .
 wrote:

>>>  Ace bandage (thinking of dropping this)   <<<

a superb lightweight (of course) alternative to an ace bandage is a product
called VETWRAP, available at many feed stores.  this is a thin, rubbery,
stretchy, very light 'fabric' that comes in rolls of varying widths (1, 2,
3"), prepackaged just like an ace bandage.  used mostly on horses to wrap
tendons, etc.  it sticks to itself very well.  my wilderness first aid
instructor (also an EMT) says he uses this stuff exclusively.  you can use
it over if you are careful when you take it off, but it's just as easy to
keep a couple rolls in the bounce box.  and it comes in great colors.  i've
carried it for a couple seasons now, and used it once to wrap my hand
because of blisters on a pct maintenance trip.

this stuff is great and i encourage everyone to check it out...

mike
ke kaahawe, AT92  TYT94  PCT99!
mhAT92@tidepool.com