Re: [at-l] first aid kits

This is as good a time as any to show my abundant ignorance.  I've been
winter hiking for a few years now, and have always added a packet of Jell-O
to my First Aid Kit at the beginning of winter.

I've carried it all these years believing that if signs of hypothermia set
in, you can eat/feed it for a hefty sugar-fix and possibly save
yourself/partner.  Is this true?  Wouldn't sugar packets do the same thing,
or does Jell-O have some special quality?

Of course the other explanation is that if you carry the Very Berry flavor
and get lost in the woods, you can always write "help" in the snow in big
red letters so the airplanes can find you...

:) Poohbear