Re: [at-l] first aid kits

I have a rule (I break rules any time I feel like it, though)
that if I don't use a piece of gear for two trips running (in
applicable conditions) I don't carry it any more (or at least THINK
a lot about not carrying it).

That said, the one exception is the emergency/first aid kit.

Mine consists of:

assorted bandaids, maybe 3 big, 3 little
2-3 butterfly clotures - a good as sutures for a few hours
adhesive tape
2 3" square gauze pads
Ace bandage (thinking of dropping this)
a safety pin for blisters
Mini swiss army knife has tweezers and sissors - neither work very well

little foil packages of Neosporin
tiny tube of Hydrocortzone cream for monkey butt - no laughing matter
Cornstarch (not sure if this is 1st Aid - anyway for chafing)
a few antihistamine, a couple of tylenol-3s
(note: no moleskin, but I do carry some duct tape (quack, quack)
  wrapped around my pack)
Personal medicines familiar to the middle aged: allopurinol, timoptic,
  lidoral for gout, glaucoma and chloresterol)
more ibuprofen than I want to mention - 60 for a 5 day trip - just in case,
  and my doctor knows about it

hospitalization card (well, maybe this is >>second<< aid)
emergency matches - I test these once per year
whistle

Is 151 proof rum 1st aid?

Now remember, I'm a section hiker - typically 3-5 day trips, so no
vitamins

                                . Gary from Fairfax .

=>Hi all, I am curious to know how many of you carry first aid kits with you on the trail. Do you take it even on day hikes, or only on extended trips.What do you carry? What would you not leave home without? Here is the contents of my kit, would be curious to see contents of others.
=>
=>Band aids of various sizes
=>gauze pads & roll
=>triple antibiotic