Re: [at-l] Pack this..

In a message dated 2/23/99 3:18:50 PM Eastern Standard Time, KarenS62@aol.com
writes:

<< In a message dated 2/23/99, 11:02:04 AM, kahley7@ptd.net writes:
 <<But the jokes about the gear that is scattered along the first 20 miles
 north of  Springer are based in truth.  k.>>

 So, if I wanted new equipment, what would be the very best day to go north of
 Springer and go , ummmm, "shopping"?

 POG >>
This is true in Maine for the Southbounders, I guess. Gear starts piling up at
Daicy Pond where Rangers will go over gear with SBers. Then at the roadside
trailhead into the 100 mile wilderness more stuff litters the roadside. The
Shelter at Hurd Brook always has had discarded gear. Last May there were tee
shirts and bluejeans, a huge KMart style tent, big baggies full of flour and
things, can goods, and several books. I only was in for a few nights, and
picked up the baggies, cans, and paperback books on my way out to the Abol
Bridge Store.
~OM

`