Re: [at-l] tent and backpack

AT-L Guest Post wrote:

> * Message posted to AT-L from the National Scenic Trails Website
> * by our guest rlamothe <rlamothe@lucent.com>.
> * Please use <mailto:rlamothe@lucent.com> to reply to the sender.
>
> I am thinking of purchasing a Gregory Shasta pack and an Orion tent. I have spent considerable $$$$ can anyone help me - are the Shasta and the Orion by Sierra Designs any good for a thru-hike?

I have a Gregory Shasta and I love the way it fits and rides. I added an outside
pocket on the back in order to keep some more things easily accessable - I'm an
old external frame, lots of pockets guy.

The Shasta is the most comfortable pack I've ever carried.  It's definately
large enough for all my gear. Weight is middle of the road for packs.
Construction appears top notch.

My gear weighs in at 32 pounds less food.

-Paddler

http://wcha.org/hike