[at-l] Highest Points

If anyone saved one of the posts from a few days ago that listed the highest
points in each state, could you please repost the list?

Thanks,

Ken

OK, Tom bear bells Caggiano

       Alabama
                          Cheaha Mountain
                                              2407 feet
       Alaska
                          Mount McKinley
                                              20320 feet
       Arizona
                          Humphrey's Peak
                                              12633 feet
       Arkansas
                          Magazine Mountain
                                              2753 feet
       California
                          Mount Whitney
                                              14496 feet
       Colorado
                          Mount Elbert
                                              14433 feet
       Connecticut
                          Mount Frissell
                                              2380 feet
       Delaware
                          Ebright Azimuth
                                              442 feet

       Florida
                          Britton Hill
                                              345 feet
       Georgia
                          Brasstown Bald
                                              4784 feet
       Hawaii
                          Mauna Kea
                                              13796 feet
       Idaho
                          Borah Peak
                                              12662 feet
       Illinois
                          Charles Mound
                                              1235 feet
       Indiana
                          Hoosier Hill
                                              1257 feet
       Iowa
                          High Point
                                              1670 feet
       Kansas
                          Mount Sunflower
                                              4039 feet
       Kentucky
                          Black Mountain
                                              4145 feet
       Louisiana
                          Driskill Mountain
                                              535 feet
       Maine
                          Katahdin
                                              5267 feet
       Maryland
                          Backbone Mountain
                                              3360 feet
       Massachusetts
                          Mount Greylock
                                              3491 feet
       Michigan
                          Mount Arvon
                                              1979 feet
       Minnesota
                          Eagle Mountain
                                              2301 feet
       Mississippi
                          Woodall Mountain
                                              806 feet
       Missouri
                          Taum Sauk Mountain
                                              1772 feet
       Montana
                          Granite Peak
                                              12799 feet
       Nebraska
                          Panorama Point
                                              5424 feet
       Nevada
                          Boundary Peak
                                              13143 feet
       New Hampshire
                          Mount Washington
                                              6288 feet
       New Jersey
                          High Point
                                              1803 feet
       New Mexico
                          Wheeler Peak
                                              13161 feet
       New York
                          Mount Marcy
                                              5344 feet
       North Carolina
                          Mount Mitchell
                                              6684 feet
       North Dakota
                          White Butte
                                              3506 feet
       Ohio
                          Campbell Hill
                                              1550 feet
       Oklahoma
                          Black Mesa
                                              4973 feet
       Oregon
                          Mount Hood
                                              11239 feet
       Pennsylvania
                          Mount Davis
                                              3213 feet
       Rhode Island
                          Jerimoth Hill
                                              812 feet
       South Carolina
                          Sassafras Mountain
                                              3560 feet
       South Dakota
                          Harney Peak
                                              7242 feet
       Tennessee
                          Clingmans Dome
                                              6643 feet
       Texas
                          Guadalupe Peak
                                              8749 feet
       Utah
                          Kings Peak
                                              13528 feet
       Vermont
                          Mount Mansfield
                                              4393 feet
       Virginia
                          Mount Rogers
                                              5729 feet
       Washington
                          Mount Rainier
                                              14411 feet
       West Virginia
                          Spruce Knob
                                              4863 feet
       Wisconsin
                          Timms Hill
                                              1951 feet
       Wyoming
                          Gannett Peak
                                              13804 feet

------------------------------

Date: Thu, 18 Feb 1999 19:46:12 -0500
From: tmcginnis@ucclan.state.in.us (Thomas McGinnis)
Subject: [at-l] Inspirational Music for the Nearly Departed

     Thank You Twilight!!!
     OK, all you throughhikers with countdowns, so busy trying to find all
     the boxes and tape to handle it all. Listen up!
     Just to flog the pony one more time, I thought I'd send out a quick
     note to tell you all how HUGELY much I've enjoyed listening to one of
     my favorite teenage albums over and over, over the past week+...

     AN EVENING WITH JOHN DENVER (live double album, 1975.)

     This is the album for non-Denver fans to buy, and to play on repeat
     for a 3-day weekend. I think this may be Denver's best performance,
     and the songs sung are ALL winners. The recording (on the album,
     anyway; I'm gonna breakdown and get the CD to compare) is so-so, but
     the arranging and musicianship is absolutely first rate -- he had some
     of the best session players in the world on this album, and the songs
     are flawless. Even Denver's singing is better done than on the albums
     from which the songs come.

     Ah, and the songs! Inspiration! This album has laments (prospective
     throughhikers should learn some of these), songs of triumph, songs of
     lonliness, songs of love far away, songs of happy where I am and how I
     "be", and a couple of great songs of simple humor. Do yourself a
     favor, go out right now and do something you'd never do in a million
     years: Buy a John Denver album -- and make it THIS one. When you hit
     the top of Springer and start humming a few bars, you'll thank me all
     the way from there, and I'll feel it all the way to here.

     And here's a new thread! Music(!!!) is SOOOOO!!! inspirational. What
     music ARE you listening to as you get ready? Hey 2000 milers! What
     music would YOU consider "must listen" for throughhike preparation?

     To answer my own question: John Denver's "An Evening with...", and
     less specifically, Yes, Sheryl Croix, Tom Petty, Neil Young,
     Rimsky-Korsakov, Tchiachovsky, Moody Blues, and lots and lots of the
     Grateful Dead.