[at-l] Pink tutu goes mainstream!

Will y'all be offended to know I have used my tutu in a non-hiking activity?
I didn't ask Redhead or Sandpiper's permission first, so I may be in trouble
with two of my favorite hiker babes.  But the deed is done.  It went something
like this.......

I had to give a three hour financial lecture to a group of entrepreneurs last
night.  Now I'm not the lecturing type, but I was lassoed into this
"opportunity" by a coworker, and in a weak moment agreed to do the
presentation.  Now, I had never done a three hour presentation in my life.
I'm not the speech making type, and if I was to give a three hour talk, I'd
prefer it to be on hiking.

Anyway, I was told in my class preparation by a friend that these things go
better if you use some props to liven up the evening.  That got me thinking
about the one prop I have used before with "interesting" results, so I spent
several days trying to dream up a scenario where I could make a point to this
group by donning my tutu.  I won't bore you with the whole story, but I did in
fact wear the tutu in front of a group of business executives for a couple of
minutes!  Their reaction was a more stunned than the hiker crowd, but it did
loosen things up and I survived the night.  Whether it had the desired impact
as a teaching tool is an open question, as is the psychological damage
perpetrated on these businessmen.  The class was called "Success Solutions"
and if any of these businesses strike it big, I'm sure you'll hear about how
all the credit goes to a pink tutu!  :)

Upcoming event for the pink tutu is the Florida Trail Association Annual
Conference in the Ocala National Forest in a couple of weeks where they are
clamoring for an appearance.  Could this be the start of tutumania?

Happy trails,

Solar Bear