Re: [at-l] A few words of advice...

>Paddler mentioned a Woods Hole Shelter between Gooch Gap Shelter and
Whitely
>Shelter. I have been working out a trip through that section (oops! I
haven't
>raised my hand for a section hike either--next Sept) and didn't remember
that
>shelter.

This is a new shelter located just south of Bird Gap on the flank of Turkey
Stamp Mountain, 0.2 miles west of the AT. Last year we hiked this section of
the trail,,,I waited while the two people I was hiking with checked out the
shelter,,,,It is a LOT further than 0.2 miles of the AT,,,the water is
hauled in by the Army I think,,,in those big 5 gallon drums,,,,last year
there was no water in the drums. KC aka War Eagle