Re: [at-l] CNN's poll

>Am I interpreting this correctly when I say it looks like both
>sides are working hard for votes?  And, is there anything to prevent
>one person from voting hundreds of times?  Is anyone going to
>pay attention to this "poll" if that's flaky?

These polls are evil. Their *sole* purpose is to push people's buttons
in order to get them to visit their website, even if only to vote. The
more provocative they are, the better. These things routinely draw thousands
of visits from folks who'd normally never bother to go the site, but read
about the poll in some newsgroup or other and decide to mosey on over and
"support their cause."

That said, I...ummm...went over and voted no.

--
mfuller@somtel.com; Northern Franklin County, Maine
The Constitution is the white man's ghost shirt.  }>:-/> --->