[at-l] short section

I am planning a short section the 2nd week of March as my high school
senior and her mom are heading to the Caribbean and I have about 10 days
available to take a walk. Currently, I am toying with Neel's Gap to
Franklin, NC. I've considered a trip to Virginia, flying into Dulles and
getting a ride to a point in NOVA (?Harper's Ferry) and down to I-64 near
Charlottesville. I'm concerned about becoming a member of the crowd of
"real thru-hikers" and do not wish to be in the middle of a traffic jam (I
live in Atlanta and get quite enough of that).

What sort of weather would be likely in VA in the next 4 weeks? Are there
services (small stores) convenient to the trail as we have in GA and NC?

OrangeBug
Atlanta, GA