[at-l] Mouse Stories

The first time I took my daughter, Marcy, Trail name "How much further"
backpacking, we stayed at the Gren Anderson shelter in Stokes St. Forest
in NJ.  After dinner she had a bag of popcorn which I had told her to eat
outside the shelter.  The mice were running all over me all night.  Come
morning I asked her about the popcorn and she admitted that she ate it while
sitting on my sleeping bag which had been unrolled shortly after our arrival
It is hard to sleep with mice running all over you.

Story #2
Further north, in Harriman park (NY) there are no mice but the chipmunks take
their place.  Sleeping under a tarp set up leanto style behind fingerboard
shelter, I awoke to see a chipmunk dragging a bag containing about 2# of gorpm
accross the large rock where Marcy and her cousin had left it the night before.
I would have expected him to chew through the bag and eat his fill but he was
bringing it home for the winter.

Rich