Re: [at-l] Storing your pack

I usually hang my food and leave my pack outside. I cover the pack and leave all zippers partially unzipped so the mice wont have to chew a hole to get in. The only exception to this is if I get caught in a driving rain or I am reasonably sure it is going to rain hard. I take everything into the tent with me so that in the am I cook in my vestibule and then can get packed up and the only thing i have left to do is put the tent on top of the pack and take off. I know that there is some degree of risk here as I hike mainly in the whites and have seen plenty of bears and heard of many encounters.But then I know where the heavy populations are. I hope. I also hang my boots. I had one chewed up by porkys.

---

the bluestreak
New Hampshire

Get your PERSONALIZED START PAGE at http://personal.lycos.com