[at-l] Solar Bear Sighting & a Dare

 Sighted Solar Bear last night at the Central Florida Chapter meeting of the
Florida Trail Association.  Earthworm (Linda Patton) has suggested that for
those of you who have missed the privilege of seeing old Solar in his pink
tutu I ought to tell you that  he said he's planning to come to the FT annual
conference on March 5, 6, and 7.

If the idea of a kind of mini-ALDHA in the Ocala National Forest with thru-
hiker presentations on the FT, AT, PCT, Long Trail, Bruce Trail, North Country
Trail AND a presentation by Lucy Seeds, daughter of Grandma Gatewood AND a
presentation by Nimblewill Nomad who last year backpacked the entire distance
between Key West and Gaspe Bay stil isn't enough to entice folks down, MAYBE
we could talk the Solar Dare into modeling that pink tutu as added incentive.
That ought to get a few of you!
No where near as enticing but to be a good sport, if any AT listers who aren't
also FT members show up, I'll wear my angel wings.

Earthworm, Wanchor (who's gathered all the folks who'll be doing the
presentations), and yours truly will be glad to give a personal welcome to any
listers who make the trek to sunny Florida.

For more information, write me or call the FTA at 1-800-343-1882.

Joan
bluetrail@aol.com