Re: [at-l] Shelter sleeping

     Head in. Lots of mice (where there WERE mice). But could wake up
     looking out of the shelter, rather than staring at the shelter roof.

Subject: [at-l] Shelter sleeping
Author:  NightShine@aol.com at ima
Date:    2/10/99 12:35 PM

<< Even got the foot of it rained on a little bit in a shelter
 along the AT once, without the water penetrating the shell. >>

Here's a question for you folks....which way do you sleep with your head in a
shelter and why? With your head towards the open part or towards the back
wall?

Me....with my head towards the outside. I'd heard that the mice prefer to run
along the walls. In 10-1/2 weeks and mostly shelter sleeping, i only saw one
mouse and that's 'cause someone insisted on shining their flashlight on it to
show me there really are mice. Never heard one otherwise either....but did
frequently see chewed up evidence of mouse presence.

Second Chance