[at-l] Thru hikers sendoff

This is a copy of the last two year's messages which I am reposting
since it is still applicable.

To the class of '99:
Congratulations!
Today is your day.
You're off to Great Places!
You're off and away!
On and on you will hike,
And I know you'll hike far
and face up to your problems whatever they are.
So...be your name Buxbaum or Bixby or Bray
or Mordechai Ali Van Allen O'Shea,
you're off to Great Places!
Today is your day!
Your mountain is waiting.
So...get on your way!
(Excerpted from "Oh, The Places You'll Go" by Dr. Seuss)

Reading the above makes one wonder if Theodor Geisel was a thru hiker.

I wish all of you the best time of your life.

As I've mentioned before, the section in New York State between
Route 17 (agony grind) and the Hudson River is only 1/2 hour from
my house and my office.  I live/work in North Eastern New Jersey
which is closer to NY than to the NJ section.  If any of you are
in dire straits then call my office and I will get to you.
The people in my office will be instructed that if a thru hiker
calls they are to track me down (client, cellular, home, whatever).
Unlike my wife, they will obey me, (I sign their paychecks).
If no one is in, there is an answering machine.  If you can you can
send me a card when you are getting near me.
I can be reached at:
Richard Lubitz
Lubitz & Company
P.O. Box 8542
Woodcliff Lake, NJ 07675-8542
(201) 391-5555
(201) 391-4459 (fax)
lubitz@alpha.fdu.edu

Now the parent in me has to remind you about your responsibilities...
You are all brothers and sisters out there.  Watch out for each other
and play nice! Those of us who are not doing the trail this year are
doing it vicariouslythrough you.  We hold you responsible to have a
good time and to let us know about it.

Happy trails,
May the winds be at your back and show you the way home safely,

Rich