RE: [at-l] introduction/pack contents

I was in Sockeye's (translates as expensive outdoor department store) before
Christmas, talking to a fellow hiker who works there. While standing there
swapping trail lies, two little old ladies (sorry for the stereotype, but
its true) came up and asked about those all-in-one tools. seems one of them
wanted to get one for her grandson for Christmas. My  friend points out the
*Original* Leatherman in the display case, only $79.95. The lady demurs
saying her grandson wanted a "Buck", did he have one of those?

After trying to explain that not only was this the original, just as good
and cheaper to boot, my friend finally gives up on the sale. As the
disappointed ladies walk away,  I reach in my pocket, pull out my Victorinox
"Classic" and say "only $8.95, and when I loose it I won't even cry, I'll
just go buy another one." My Classic is the only knife I bother to carry on
the trail, that and a spoon and I'm set. (Besides, just try and get that
Bowie through the airport!)

Lee I Joe