[at-l] Bye Bye Moleskin

As a card carrying member of Blister Blister (actually I don't play in
the band, I'm just a groupie) I have recently discovered a new product
that is worthy of your consideration.  Someone previously mentioned on
one of the lists that they had tried a Band-Aid product using "Compeed"
technology.  After a short search I found some in my local WalMart and
have used it twice.  Oh my.  This stuff is down right amazing.  Small
oval very thin pads that feel like smooth skin.  They are virtually
indestructible and yes they stick.  I tried one pad on the place where
the latest version of Moleskin rarely stays attached for an entire wet
foot day.  On the outside of the small toe.  I wrapped the pad from the
top of my toe and under my foot.  I then hike three days, (26 miles -
including hot showers) and the pad stayed put.  When it came time for me
to finally see if it had become permanently attached, it pulled off very
easy.  Like I said it's amazing stuff.  The bad news is that it's kinda
pricey.  Costs alot.  But if you're prone to blisters like I am and have
had previous hikes disrupted by them, it's worth every penny.
Look for a small thin turquoise plastic container in the band aid
section.  It's Band-Aid brand, "Blister Relief" and the pads come in
three different sizes.  If you can't find it in the band aid section try
the foot care products.

Pilgrim
Ga > Me 99

Oh by the way.  If any Johnson & Johnson executives are lurking out
there and wondering how to reimburse me for this wonderful ad, I could
use a new Dana Designs Terraplane X.  Large.  Green.