Re: [at-l] tevak weirdness

In a message dated 2/6/99 10:52:18 PM Central Standard Time,
jeanpaul@iname.com writes:

<< i just found out that some sail maker(for sailboats ) is trying to or is
 successfully using tevak for sails.. they are "ultralight weight" and only
 "gear heads" have them. the terminology is strikingly familair to this trail
 related stuff. they used other terms too that seemed to soudn like some off
 shoot of this list.  but they slipped my mind now.   just an interesting tid
 bit i saw..  weird stuff isay weird sutff. i wonder why a sail has to be
 ultralight?  hmmm any sailors/hikers on this list? >>
on a sailboat you carry several different sails, and they can weigh a
bunch...the higher a boat sits in the water, the faster it can go.  I dont
think they are so much concerned about the weight of the sail in the air as
they are with the ten or so below deck.

-matthew