[at-l] An anniversary of sorts

A year ago today was my last day at my regular job before starting my '98
thru-hike attempt. Guess that makes it an anniversary. What a difference a
year makes!

It's wonderful to catch the excitement of all of you with your countdowns to
your '99 thru-hikes. So, i'm taking this early time to wish each and all of
you a journey beyond your imaginings. I wish you wonderful companions and few
hassles. I wish you happy hostels and peaceful nights. I wish you sunny days
(lol....yeah, right).

And i wish that i could meet each and every one of you while actually hiking.
Hopefully a few of you will pass by me in Virginia this year. If not, my heart
is with you with each rocky, muddy, uphill, downhill, weedy, freezing, hot
step.

Second Chance
Springer-Damascus '98
Damascus-???? '99