Re: [at-l] Relationships and the AT

I used to think that I couldn't ever think about spending my life with a
non-hiker (they just don't GET it!!).  And, for years, I refused to even
date anyone that didn't at least have a few 4,000-footers under his belt.
And then I fell in love with a friend that had NEVER hiked in his life (he
doesn't even own any polypro ... the SHAME!!!).  I fought it for a year,
and then I just started to accept that we liked different things.  And you
know what, I like it that way.  Hiking is MINE and mine alone.  I need
that.  Sure, there are times when I wish we were a "Jim and Ginny", but
there are also lots of times when I thank God that I have my own thing
where I can retain my strong-willed independence.  Just another view...

Poohbeus Gorpus