Re: [at-l] Actual Reported Lyme Disease Cases and Incidence Rate Per State (1...

Just a thought about these numbers-- The incidence rate is for "normal" folks
leading normal lives. Thru hikers, living out-of-doors, walking thru forest
and field 10 hours a day, would be at a proportionally greater risk. Also, the
data doesn't show *where* the disease was contracted, but rather where it was
reported.
Are there any folks out there on at-l that have Lyme disease?
I hope not, but I'd like to hear from them!
TJ
<< Connecticut		2297				70.23
 Massachusetts	       291			      4.79
 Vermont		          8			      1.37
 New Hampshire	  39					3.40
 Maine			        34					2.75

 *  Figures compiled as of 7/30/98 by the Centers for Disease Control and
 Prevention (CDC). These figures are the final totals for 1997.
 ** Incidence rate is the number of reported cases per 100,000 people and
 is based on 1995 population statistics.