[at-l] larger men

Pooh--
        Try a work clothing catalogue (JC Penny's Workwear comes to mind)
'Though they have a lot of cotton stuff, they do have a respectable amount
of outdoor clothing in polartec and other synthetics.  They are also aware
that men come in many different sizes...
        Any flex on the date of the event?  Could always pick for the
weather.  Also when I went XC skiing for the first time, I found that
polartec sweatpants and nylon ski pants made a great combo (It was cold and
windy).  Not very stylish, but I really apprieciated the freedom of
movement.  If he's out of shape like me I suspect a short, local trip would
be more interesting/rewarding rather than an endurance run.  Always leave
them wanting more, ya know?

'Course if this weather keeps up, where will you go?  I can recommend a
nice place in Southern VT (3hrs from Beantown).  It's not posh, but has
some nice trails, and the snow lingers.

Good luck,
Cosmo

Cosmo

"There are three great times for thinking --
 On the john, in the shower, and while hiking.
 And the best of these is while hiking."

 Colin. Fletcher.

Life is Fast, Walk Slowly