Re: [at-l] re: dehydrated weight savings? (kinda obtuse)

>        woods lately has been people carrying around sloshing
>containers,  >        pouring off the excess (and vitamins), then
marveling at their

I use to use this method to rehydrate food, but like you, I found the
extra 2+ pounds in my pack  a bit too much. So I started using this
method to rehydrate my food: when I get into camp, one of the first
things I would do was to add water to my meal, then setup the rest of my
gear. I would let the meal rehydrate approx. 20minutes or so.  By the end
of that time, my meal was pretty much reydrated. By the time I was done
cooking (which for me means: boil water with the meal in it, shut off
stove,  put lid tightly on pot, let meal cook for a little while inside
the pot) the meal was good to go.  It was not as convenient as a "meal in
a bottle", but when going into camp, I always found I did not eat right
away as it was. Always people to talk to, read and sign the register, or
just chill for a bit.

but, always, YMMV.

Mags