Re[2]: [at-l] Statistics

     The   M O T H E R L O A D !!!!!!!

Subject: Re: [at-l] Statistics
Author:  "Marshall DeBerry" <mdb@radix.net> at ima
Date:    2/1/99 7:52 PM

I have a set of Census data for the Trail counties from Georgia to Maine for the
years 1940 through 1990 that have the population, number of housing units, and
square miles of the county that the Trail passes through, as well as maintaining
club.  I utiltized this data in working with the Trust for Appalachian Trail
Lands back in 1995 in assessing the impact of population growth along the Trail
corridor.  Possible uses of the data would be to set up some simple hypotheses
to test regarding growth in the population or housing.   I have included FIPS
county and State codes in the worksheets, so a more ambitous project would be to
use a GIS to map the data, utilize the centroids of the county, and try to do
some assement of population or housing growth over time visually as well as
statistically. In addition, I also have data on the counties adjacent to the
Trail counties, to see if these counties might become "influencers" on the Trail
counties as growth occurred over this time period.   The data are in Lotus ..WK4
spreadsheets, if you're interested.

Marshall
"Tarkus"
<HTML>
<HEAD>

<META content=text/html;charset=iso-8859-1 http-equiv=Content-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>I have a set of Census data for the Trail
counties from Georgia to Maine for the years 1940 through 1990 that have the
population, number of housing units, and square miles of the county that the
Trail passes through, as well as maintaining club.&nbsp; I utiltized this data
in working with the Trust for Appalachian Trail Lands back in 1995 in assessing
the impact of population growth along the Trail corridor.&nbsp; Possible uses of

the data would be to set up some simple hypotheses to test regarding growth in
the population or housing.&nbsp;&nbsp; I have included FIPS county and State
codes in the worksheets, so a more ambitous project would be to use a GIS to map

the data, utilize the centroids of the county, and try to do some assement of
population or housing growth over time visually as well as statistically. In
addition, I also have data on the counties adjacent to the Trail counties, to
see if these counties might become &quot;influencers&quot; on the Trail counties

as growth occurred over this time period.&nbsp;&nbsp; The data are in Lotus .WK4

spreadsheets, if you're interested.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>Marshall</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT color=#000000 size=2>&quot;Tarkus&quot;</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>