Re: [at-l] The Ruck

Owen wrote:

<<
Enough - I'll let the others tell you their thoughts and feelings when
they're ready.

Walk softly,

Wow, what to say about the Ruck...

well, as a 'newbie' who hasn't done a thru yet - I have to admit I was a
bit nervous, but I was overwhelmed by how friendly and warm everyone
was.  It was a *WONDERFUL* weekend - I took a very short and slippery
hike up to the midway point on the AT... promised myself that the next
time I see it will be halfway thru my own thru-hike in 2000.  It was a
beautiful day - blue sky, bright sun, glittering ice on the trail ( I
really really love my leki's) walked with & followed behind woodelf,
chase & cindi cuz I stopped to photo and ogle at the frozen lake & then
the swift stream.  Got some serious springer fever hearing about peoples
hikes, seeing their pictures, meeting some of those who's on-line
journals I had followed, and then going thru Mara's pack.  Made me want
to come home, quit work and go this year!

and the highlite ---  I actually met, talked to, shook hands with Earl
Shaffer and got an autographed personalized copy of his book!!!!!!
completely blew me away to meet him, it was sooo unexpected.

For everyone who was there - it was wonderful to meet you all and thanks
for the great weekend!  Im sitting here at home wondering why the house
is sooo quiet??!!!  Thanks Tom & Maria for your hospitality, plus the
killer brownies...hhhmmmmmmm

--
Paula