Re: [at-l] AT II -- Desert Edition

In a message dated 1/29/99 11:05:24 PM Central Standard Time,
lucian@sierranv.net writes:

<< And that same U.S. Government has agreed to donate a strip of land 20 feet
wide and 2160.2 miles long for us to build An Exactly Historically and
Anatomically Correct Facsimile of the Appalachian Trail. Right here in Nevada.

I'm all for more trails.  BUT....I don't feel that it should have the name
"Appalachian Trail" anywhere in it's name.  This is just one more instance of
a group trying to capitalize on the name to increase funding, while detracting
from the original, historic, Appalachian Trail.  I mean...Geez....first the
Canadians try to take it over with the "International Appalachian Trail", and
now all you folks from Nevada want to move it west!  Just what would WFsay? ;)

Good Hiking,
Jim
"Earth gives life and seeks the man who walks gently upon it."